Site Network: Fragrant Burning> | Two Rivers | Kingdom Fuel | Pray Illinois

 



My King

There are times in your life when you look around and realize that what you believe has been foundationaly changed - forever. I have been going through one of those times. I joked a couple of months ago with some friends that I had a new Bible. Not a new physical Bible, but it seemed that everything I read, I was reading with new eyes, new understanding, a fresh perspective, new insight and revelation. It has been amazing and wonderful. The same verses that I have been reading for years have new depth and life to them. As I have pondered through this new reality, I have realized that my new perception extends beyond scripture - but to my understanding of God and is place and interaction in my life. Though it would probably be clearly obvious for most - it to me a few months fully realize and acknowledge that it is not God that has changed - but me. Here are my thoughts, in verse.

My Old King
was small
one dimensional
familiar
predictable
void of surprise
safe
cozy
boring
lifeless
detached
without power to impact my world

He loved me
but from afar
was uninvolved
in my day to day affairs
I was left to wander
through the mysteries of life
without direction
struggling to make sense of the sensless
striving to win His favor
trying to hide my wretchedness
afriad He might see
me
the me I knew intimately
and despised

My New King
is vast beyond measure
wild
mysterious
wonderfully creative
His reach, infinite
even to the very details of my life
He is mighty, powerful
and yet with gentleness He breaks and refashions
my character to the likeness of His son

He is exciting, fearful and not "safe"
and yet in Him I find true security
He is trustworthy
my passions, my desires, my hopes
they are treasured by Him
and find fullfillment in Him
my secrets, my sin, my shame
are safe with him
forgiven
removed
He gives me sight to see
me
the me I'm becoming
and love

He loves me with abadon
He intimately guides and moves me
as He works to fullfill a grand plan
and purpose for my life
He can speak laughter into tragedy
joy into suffering
move past governments
beyond poverty
through injustice
to release those who are bound.
He can reach into the pain
and give peace
the valley of the shadow of death
and bring life

My old King, my new King
the same King
It is I
who has changed

Praise You
Most Glorious
There is none like You!

Labels: ,

posted by Fragrant Burning @ 9:44 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home