Site Network: Fragrant Burning> | Two Rivers | Kingdom Fuel | Pray Illinois

 



Difficult is THE WAY

























Click on the photo to see a full size copy of the graphic.

The further and deeper I go with God, the more I am convinced that I have embraced a doctrine of man and not of God. I have accepted man's teaching as "truth" and have failed to seek God's truth out for myself. I have been content to read what others say about God and have used the scripture to give validity to these things. Yes, I have read scripture, I have study scripture but I have begun to realize that most times I have viewed and study God's words with man's understanding. Now, as I sit before God and invest time in truly reading His Word, and asking for Him to help me to understand His truth and His heart, I see so many falacies that I have embraced. I have many questions - foundational questions - such as what really is the "Gospel" what is this good news that Christ proclaimed? The answer is surprising me and scaring me. I am concerned for the church. I am concerned because I know most who call themselves "Christian" are in the same boat as I have been in and I am quite certain that boat is on a collision course with disaster. Let me ask you this? Do you know what the good news that Christ preached was? I challenge you to read through Matthew with that question in mind!

posted by Fragrant Burning @ 12:03 AM,

1 Comments:

At January 4, 2008 at 1:25 AM, Blogger andrew said...

Very interesting post Kristy. I would have to agree with you. I reckon the Gospel that Jesus preached was "Repent for the Kingdom of God is near".

What is the answer that is "surprising and scaring" you??

Andrew

 

Post a Comment

<< Home